International Child Development Initiatives (ICDI) believes in the power of children and young people, supporting their rights and addressing the underlying causes for the problems they face.
Are you interested in joining a knowledge organization in psychosocial development of children and young people growing up in difficult circumstances? Are you pro-active, hands on, and a go getter who wants to help us make the world a little better?
Our ideal candidate:
- Has experience in leading teams of content focussed professionals.
- Has a track record of successful fundraising and proposal writing.
- Has an academic background in child and youth related studies, and has developed expertise with regards to the target group.
Regular travel is part of the job, but the candidate needs to reside in and have a work-permit for The Netherlands.
Team Children & Youth focuses on three main thematic areas:
- Protecting children and youth from violence
- Child and youth participation
Our Team Leaders are multi-taskers, involved in daily hands-on operations, as well as in strategic planning and development processes. A new colleague will lead two team members. He/she will be part of ICDI’s Management Team (Director, Team Leaders and the Manager HR & Finances).
ICDI is a small organization, currently with 8 staff members. We are non-hierarchical, and we are not afraid to get our hands “dirty” (within ICDI everybody has to be able and prepared to do a bit of every-thing). The new colleague is expected to contribute to the debate and practice of ICDI, provide it with fresh inputs and open up new avenues.
Team Leader’s tasks include:
- Provide team leadership and coaching;
- Design, draft and develop new proposals and programmes;
- Manage projects;
- Contribute to organizational strategic planning and development;
- Identify and pursue funding opportunities;
- Monitor and evaluate programmes (including budget control);
- Draft reports and timely disseminate such reports to relevant stakeholders;
- Provide technical assistance and training during project implementation;
Required skills and experience:
- Proven interest and professional track record (at least 10 years) internationally in the field of children and youth issues (preferably related to one or more of the 3 thematic areas mentioned above);
- Relevant academic background, preferably in developmental psychology or pedagogy, or a related field (at least MA level);
- Project- and team management experience in the context of international development;
- Good understanding of international development issues;
- Experience in training development and delivery;
- Experience and interest in action research;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- Working permit for The Netherlands and residence in the “Randstad” area.
Skills & experience considered an asset:
Fluency in another international language like Spanish or French;
Work experience in smaller NGOs.
Frequent travel (short-term trips) to countries around the world is part of this position.
The position is for a four-day working week (29 hrs). Initially we offer a one year contract. Thereafter, depending on organizational circumstances and proven ability, the contract could be either prolonged for another fixed period, or may be changed into a permanent one.
For this position we offer a salary in the range between € 4120 to a maximum of € 4591 for full time gross per month (based on experience).
Please send a motivation letter and your CV to Asia Koerten, HR & Finance Manager (email@example.com), no later than March 12 2017.