The Overall Objective of the project was to prevent the social exclusion of youth and children in Latvian child care homes by assisting in the implementation of the national policy concerning the establishment of group homes.
The Specific Objective was: The Latvian Ministry for Children and Family Affairs, the local governments and the staff of child care homes in Latvia have an increased level of knowledge, both practical and on policy level, about establishing and managing group homes for children and youth deprived of parental care.
In this half year-high energy project, ICDI trained, assisted and adviced the Latvian Ministry for Children and Family Affairs, the local governments and the staff ofcChild care homes about establishing and managing group homes for children and youth deprived of parental care.
- We organized a succesful Trainer of Trainers on ‘Life Skills for Adolescents’ for a group of twenty mastertrainers.
- We developed a policy advice to the Ministry on how to set up and manage small group homes for young people deprived of family care.
- We organized an exchange visit to the Netherlands for relevant staff from the Latvian Ministry.
- We organized several learning workshops for staff from the Latvian Ministry.
- In cooperation with the Ministry we organized a final conference to share the best practices of the project with around 100 participants from all over Latvia.