Play Hubs for cohesive local communities
September 1, 2022 - May 31, 2023
This project builds on the experience of the TOY for Inclusion programme. It aims to expand the network of Play Hubs in Hungary and Slovakia and to bring this successful approach to the Czech Republic and Poland.
In cooperation with Partners Hungary Foundation and Skola dokoran, ICDI will map potential partners in Poland, train them on the TOY for Inclusion approach, and lay the foundations for opening new (mobile) Play Hubs in the country.
The focus in Czech republic is on the inclusion of Roma children, while in Poland it is on the integration and social inclusion of Ukrainian refugee young children and their caregivers, through the provision of non-formal early childhood education.
This is just a first phase, which will be followed by the establishment of the Play Hubs.
- Translation of TOY for Inclusion materials in Czech and Polish
- Identification of new partner organisations in Poland
- Training for new partners in Czech Republic and Poland
- Stakeholder mapping and need analysis in communities where new Play Hubs will be established
- Online event for all TOY for Inclusion partners
Facts and figures
Partners Hungary Foundation (coordinator)