The importance of Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC) is increasingly being recognized internationally. This training provides an introduction to a broad range of topics that are relevant to ECEC practitioners wherever they may be working. The content is informed by ICDI’s wide experience in working with ECEC practitioners in many different countries, as well as current research and policy developments. The selection of topics can be adapted to local needs and more in-depth training in any of the areas can also be provided on request. Peer learning and sharing of experiences are prioritized.
Duration: 1 to 4 days
Training topics include:
- Introduction to ECEC, global and local perspectives
- Holistic development in the early years
- Role of Play in learning and Development
- Developing ECEC programmes for 0 to 3-year-olds and 3 to 6-year-olds.
- Creating stimulating learning environments indoors and outdoors
- Peer relationships in ECEC
- Promoting equity and diversity in ECEC programmes
- Child protection in the early years
- Working with parents and communities
- Assessing Quality in ECEC programmes
For: ECEC practitioners, managers, and community development workers.